Over 50 years Millar Merrigan has provided a wide range of services including engineering, consultancy, town planning, architectural, landscape, asset recording and project management. Join our progressive team working on exciting land development projects across Victoria. It’s massively exciting because these projects are in the planning phase so you will be a part of shaping these projects.
A permanent full-time position has now become available for a Civil Design Engineer to join our engineering team at our Croydon office.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be joining our engineering team of 25 to which we require you to hit the ground running designing and documenting across subdivision projects involving bulk earthworks, roads, drainage, sewerage, and water and liaising with Councils and service authorities. You will also be involved in significant infrastructure projects which can range from car parks, minor drainage and plumbing works to major drainage schemes, VicRoads signalized intersections and much more and general civil works.
To be successful in this role you will need to be proficient in 12D and ACAD, with a proven track record of delivering both concept and detailed designs across residential subdivisions and commercial or industrial projects.
Ideally you will have:
- A high level of autonomy, however guidance is available dependent upon experience
- Formal qualifications / Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering / Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Strong knowledge in Australian codes and standards
- Minimum 5 years' relevant land development experience
- Hands on experience with 12D, AutoCAD, Drains, Music;
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate well with senior management, the design team, authorities, and clients;
- Be able to identify and assist in facilitating new areas of innovation
- A sound understanding of relevant Australian Standards, VicRoads, AustRoads, WSAA and other Authorities policies and guidelines including local Council Standards.
- The ability to apply a sound understanding of civil engineering principles to all projects
- Experience producing designs, documentation, specifications, and reports to meet client requirements for projects of reasonable complexity with some guidance of senior staff
- A highly organised and punctual approach
- The ability to manage the workload of multiple projects.
- A positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- A valid car license (preferred)
As a workplace Millar Merrigan offer:
- A fun, personal and family-orientated company culture
- Eastern suburb based office with flexible working arrangements
- Great support from the Senior Engineers and many experienced staff across our multi-disciplinary team
- Competitive salary package
- Modern office | Open plan environment with on-site carparking
- Workplace where you feel valued
- Opportunities to express your suggestions on innovative solutions
- Significant projects to add to your portfolio.
- Staff Investment program
- Training and development programs;
- A Employement Enagement Calendar with professional development and social opportunities
- Millar Merrigan is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on Civil Designer to continue their career in land development and infrastructure projects using the latest software and drawing from sound engineering principles. Be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and work with top level engineers.
If you meet the above requirements and you're looking to fast track your career then take action and apply now!
Please note that at this stage, we can only review applicants with full Australian working rights
Please submit your current resume and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be ideal for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org