––The first of its kind in Australia, this site at Belgrave has evolved into a unique, award-winning tourist attraction that enables participants to move through tree canopies on a series of obstacles.
CLIENT: Trees Adventure
Millar | Merrigan were approached by Trees Adventure to assist in the design of the tree obstacle course, which was developed amongst heritage listed trees, and obtain planning approval from the Shire of Yarra Ranges. Extensive background research was undertaken and a substantial amount of effort was placed into preparation of a detailed town planning submission. After much consultation with all interested parties the proposal was granted approval from the tribunal and is now a well known and highly sought after tourist attraction.
- Complete project management from inception to construction
- Liaison with specialist consultants and authorities
- Preparation of detailed plans and reports
- Expert witness evidence provided at VCAT
- Preparation of a comprehensive Land Management Plan
- Design of planting areas, footpath alignments and signage
- Design of access and car park
- Detailed feature and level survey of site
- Design of the ticket office building