––A Bushfire Management Statement was prepared to address the requirements of the Bushfire Management Overlay for the development of a bushfire affected lot in Kinglake.
CLIENT: A. McMahon
The Bushfire Management Statement accompanied a Town Planning submission for the development of a dwelling and farm shed on a heavily vegetated bushfire affected lot, 46 km north-east of Melbourne.
- Preparation of reports and plans for development
of a dwelling and outbuilding
- Consultation with external consultants regarding
soil percolation for effluent disposal
- Detailed assessment against Murrindindi Shire’s policies
for land within the Farming Zone
- Preparation of a Bushfire Management Statement in accordance with the requirements of the Bushfire Management Overlay
- Preparation of a detailed Environmental
and Land Management Plan to ensure long term management and protection of native vegetation on site
This site offered varying complexities and contradictory policies in relation to vegetation protection and bushfire risk as well as being within very close proximity to a waterway. Vegetation management was addressed through a land management plan and CFA consented to the proposal with a BAL of 40, subsequently a planning permit was issued by the Murrindindi Shire.